Key areas of environmental activity
In order to assure the successful implementation of the provisions of the Company’s Environmental policy, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC prioritizes and makes its own business units strictly adhere to the comprehensive measures of the Ecology program which is aimed mainly at systematic planned mitigation of the industrial impact upon the environment.
Key areas of the Ecology program:
- construction of environmental facilities, including air protection facilities, waste decontamination and utilization facilities;
- air protection and climate change prevention;
- protection and rational use of water resources;
- industrial waste decontamination and utilization;
- protection and rational use of land;
- monitoring of environmental components and control of production facilities operation;
- ensuring environmental safety of oil production facilities, including pipelines;
- environmental education and professional training of employees;
- application of the «green office» principles in each administrative building of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC;
- biodiversity conservation in the areas of the Company’s operations;
- R&D activities in the field of environmental protection.
The stable high level of investments in environmental protection measures promotes the Company’s sustainable development, ensures effective environmental risks management, environmental safety of the production of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC, consistent minimization of the
The key aspects of the environmental activity of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC include measures related to repair and replacement of pipelines, protection of oilfield equipment and facilities from corrosion, prevention of equipment failures and oil contamination, and elimination of their consequences, air protection, industrial wastewater utilization, safe waste management, land reclamation, environmental monitoring and R&D activities.
In the reporting year, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC financing of implementation of environmental protection measures and investments in construction of environmental facilities amounted to RUB 29.5 billion, plan for 2020 is RUB 27.2 billion.
In 2019, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC payments for the negative environmental impact amounted to RUB 63.9 million, including
Environmental facilities and equipment availability
All facilities of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC, that have a negative environmental impact, are registered. The Company operates 91 oil production facilities, 1 oil refining facility and 20 waste management facilities. These facilities are classified as I category facilities, that have a negative environmental impact. In accordance with the current environmental reform in Russia, the technologies and equipment used at such facilities of the Company are in compliance with the best available technologies (BAT) included in the information and technical reference books.
Year after year, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC consolidates intellectual and technological capabilities, constructs and operates environmental facilities, owns a vast fleet of machinery and equipment used for the purposes of environmental protection. These assets include:
- gas processing plant;
- 23 gas turbine power plants and 7 gas reciprocating engine power plants (GTPP, GREPP);
- 32 compressor stations;
- 3 associated petroleum gas (APG) processing units;
- 112 initial water separation units (IWSUs);
- 6 centers for oily soil decontamination;
- 3 centers for sludge decontamination with sludge storage ponds, units for oily fluid recovery and
- 5 mobile units for tank cleaning and initial oil sludge treatment, including
- 33 single- and multiple- cell sludge storage ponds with a total capacity of 81 thousand cubic meters;
- 10 units for thermal oil sludge decontamination with a total capacity of 70 thousand cubic meters per year;
- 5 landfills for disposal of solid household and industrial wastes designed to accommodate production and consumption waste with a total capacity of 1,671 thousand cubic meters;
- 21 Forsazh mobile units for thermal decontamination of solid oily waste with a total capacity of 15.75 thousand tonnes per year;
- units for shredding waste paper and
non-returnableplastic containers with a capacity of 1,150 kilograms per hour and 50 kilograms per hour respectively;
- a tire recycling plant for recycling
worn-outtires and inner tubes with a capacity of 5 thousand tonnes per year;
- a workshop for application of an
anti-corrosioncoating on pipes and pipeline fittings with a capacity of 720 kilometers of pipes and 15 thousand fittings per year.
Environmental safety of oilfield facilities
Accident risk mitigation measures
«Surgutneftegas» PJSC implements a
Reduction of accident risks at the oilfield pipelines is ensured by implementation of innovative technologies and diagnostic methods, timely preventive measures, replacing of pipelines, creation of modern methodology and technical regulatory basis that covers these issues.
«Surgutneftegas» PJSC takes a system approach based on package solutions for optimized quality control of construction and safe maintenance of field pipelines. The Company’s spheres of activity to increase the operational reliability of the field pipelines are:
dehydration of well production in initial water separation units;
use of pipes with an external and internal
pipeline inhibitor protection;
field pipeline corrosion monitoring and diagnostics;
equipping 100% of oil pipelines with pig
regular ground and air patrolling and inspection of field pipelines;
timely field pipelines routine repairs and overhaul;
conducting hydraulic calculations for field pipeline systems;
control over pressure and volume balance of pumped fluids;
creation and maintenance databases, computer modeling of the existing systems of field pipelines for the purpose of their optimization.
Receipt inspection of pipe products
Performance reliability of field pipeline systems is important at each phase of operation starting from receipt inspection and compliance verification of pipes. Receipt inspection is conducted for 100% of pipes for oil and oil and gas pipelines of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC.
To ensure environmental safety of the pipelines and maintain a high level of pipe products quality, the Company performs receipt inspection of the pipes using destructive and
Field pipeline corrosion monitoring
Pipeline corrosion monitoring, i.e. constant control of risk factors, causing the corrosion of field pipelines, allows the Company to assess the technical condition of a pipeline with a high degree of probability.
The main reason for loss of integrity of field pipelines is their corrosive wear due to aggressiveness of transported liquids. Among other risk factors — the pumping mode of well production, temperature and the condition of the surface of pipeline metal.
Annually, 500–700 kilometers of field pipelines of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC undergo pipe pigging. This method of online diagnostics of field pipelines is the most reliable one for individual estimation of the remaining lifetime of pipelines in operation.
The corrosion monitoring using the gravimetric method is performed at 385 control points. This method is a tool for managing the efficiency of
Based on the pipelines condition data the Company organized their routine repairs and overhaul. In 2019, 686.5 kilometers of pipelines underwent overhauls.
Development of the system of pipeline integrity management in «Surgutneftegas» PJSC allowed us to decrease the risk of pipeline failures by 10 times. Corrosion inhibitors are used with continuous injection technology with a preliminary shock dose. The system for inhibitor monitoring provides consistency of corrosion inhibitors performance in line with benchmark at 96–99%, and consistency of effectiveness of inhibitor protection at 90–95%.
In 2019, 1,616 tonnes of inhibitors were used to protect 1,826 kilometers of field pipelines from corrosion. Corrosion inhibitors are injected by 231 chemical injection units, which are equipped with devices for automatic control with transfer of operating parameters to ASU TP
Receipt inspection of corrosion inhibitors is made by means of
Use of pipes with an internal
The use of pipes with improved corrosion resistance and especially — with an internal
Timely application of pipes and fittings with an internal protective coating in the pipeline system is currently beyond question. Since 2013, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC has been implementing programs of capital construction, reconstruction and overhaul of oil and gas pipelines using only pipes with an internal
The Company employs products produced by its own plant that applies an internal
Since the commissioning, the Company has produced more than 2,800 kilometers of pipes and 109,000 fittings with an internal
In 2019, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC introduced 821 kilometers of pipelines with an internal
By the end of 2020, the amount of introduction of pipelines with an internal
Dehydration of oil in IWSUs
Transportation of dehydrated oil is one of the efficient methods of corrosion protection. The Company has been using initial water separation units at the booster pump stations that are based on
The use of this equipment is crucial at watered, marsh areas with the huge amount of water courses which are typical for «Surgutneftegas» PJSC areas of operation. The territory where «Surgutneftegas» PJSC operates is characterized by a high level of marshiness: at different sites it can vary from 40% to 90%.
Dehydration of oil is done at 112 booster pump stations with initial water separation units, 106 of which are equipped with
Due to preventive measures in 2019, the Company managed to perform accident free operation of its field pipelines.
Apart from accident risk mitigation, the use of initial water separation units allows the Company to reduce the specific quantity of metal for pipelines and energy consumption during oil pumping at field pipelines, save and rationally use water resources.
Protection and rational use of land
Land reclamation and forest protection
An ecosystem approach allows the Company to consistently achieve high results during reclamation of used lands. The equipment and materials used by the Company help us minimize damage and the temporary load on the soil during land reclamation.
When choosing the reclamation technology, presented in the project documentation, the specialists are primarily guided by specific natural conditions at the location of the disturbed site. On the territory of
After reclamation is completed, our specialists continue monitoring young plants, if necessary they set out new ones.
As part of measures taken by the Company to protect forests from fire, all stationary and mobile points of production sites are equipped with
«Surgutneftegas» PJSC performs forest restoration works as part of its obligations to reproduce cedar plantings. In 2019, 800 thousand saplings were planted.
Costs for protection and reclamation of lands, surface and ground water reserves exceed RUB 2 billion.
Pollution prevention and elimination
The priority direction of land protection is prevention of land from oil and oil products contamination. Timely elimination of such pollution consequences, if necessary, is done using Company’s own resources.
The Company maintains instant readiness of forces and means for elimination of possible consequences of accidents and incidents, oil and oil products spills elimination and the following rehabilitation of polluted land. The complex of
- 155 oil skimmers designed to operate in various oil viscosities and under diverse weather and climatic conditions;
- 4 skimmer boats for skimming of oil on the surface of rivers and lakes, 6 shallow water trimarans;
- 13.71 kilometers of
- 21.06 kilometers of fast deployable mobile booms both lightweight and reinforced made of
frost-proofmaterials for onshore protection;
- 52.17 kilometers of absorbent booms;
- 49 mobile tanks for temporary oil storage;
- 22 sprinklers for biological agents and bacteria treatment;
- 9 units for producing thermally exfoliated graphite absorbent (
U-SRTG) with the capacity of 30 kilograms per hour;
- 29 multifunctional floating platforms equipped with an attached system for water bodies and inshore zone integrated treatment;
- 33 vacuum dump trucks and 53 tank trucks for oil products pumpdown and transportation from the areas of oil spills;
- 143 dump trucks for oily soil transportation;
all-terrainvehicles with excavators and other equipment.
The oil spill prevention and response system of the Company is unique and meets international environmental safety standards for the oil industry.
«Surgutneftegas» PJSC is the Russian fuel and energy complex leader in terms of efficient utilization of associated petroleum gas. Air protection measures are aimed at mitigation of a negative impact of production processes. It is achieved through reduction of emissions of pollutants to the atmosphere, particularly due to rational use of associated petroleum gas.
At present, the Company ensures a record level of utilization of associated petroleum gas — more than 99%. It was reached in 2012. The milestone of 95% was successfully passed in 2008. The Company zealously develops the ways of APG processing and its further utilization for electric power production reaching a significant reduction of pollutant emissions to the atmosphere (over 3 million tonnes per year).
Protection and rational use of water resources
The Company performs surface and ground water abstraction for industrial, technological, economic and domestic needs in strict compliance with the regulatory documents, and strives to reduce the fresh water consumption. The Company’s water protection activity is aimed at prevention of water bodies pollution, saving and rational use of water resources. Due to the implemented package of measures, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC manages to minimize the impact on the water bodies. According to the monitoring results of the environmental components at the Company’s license blocks, the environmental impact is described as acceptable.
«Surgutneftegas» PJSC uses innovative technologies that allow waste utilization, decontamination and processing. The Company manages to utilize and decontaminate 100% of generated oil sludge, used oils, tires with fabric and metal cords in its production process.
A comprehensive approach to solving waste management tasks, technologies and equipment employed allow the Company to maintain low specific factor of waste generation and burial (0.014 tonnes and 0.004 tonnes per 1 tonne of produced hydrocarbons respectively).
Sludge pits reclamation
«Surgutneftegas» PJSC provides effective restoration of ecological functions of disturbed lands occupied by sludge pits by means of enhanced scientifically and economically proved technologies of reclamation. One of the most important priorities of the corporate Ecology program is to reduce the negative impact of drilling wastes disposed in sludge pits.
Based on the results of an experimental scientific research carried out by the Company together with
Exceptional efficiency of the method is proved by the results of research of phytocenoses formed on reclaimed sites. Such plant communities — that include the Red Book species — surpass dominating phytocenoses in productivity and biological diversity.
Surgutneftegas has been successfully using this technology for over 20 years: as a result of forest rehabilitation the very first sludge pits have transformed into forest areas.
The advantages of this method include:
- less emissions of pollutants into ambient air due to reduced soil moving, motor and road vehicles operations;
- the use of natural revegetation potential in the most efficient way;
- absence of necessity for land transfer and borrow pit excavation.
Monitoring of natural environment components and control of production facilities operation
There is a production environmental monitoring system established in «Surgutneftegas» PJSC, that provides constant monitoring of the environment and its assessment allowing the Company to timely identify the adverse changes that happen under the influence of anthropogenic and natural factors.
The observational network of environmental monitoring has been operating at the Company’s license blocks for many years. The area that has been monitored by now is around 150 thousand square kilometers. An extensive database has been developed that covers contamination of environmental components of license blocks prior to the commencement of their commercial development (initial (background) contamination) and after the fields are put in production, along with local environmental monitoring.
Industrial environmental control
In the Year of Ecology and specially protected natural reservations, the Ecological Council started functioning; it is chaired by First Deputy Director General of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC who supervises over the entire environmental management system of the Company. Industrial environmental control (IEC) is its integral part.
The Company has the effective vertically integrated
The industrial environmental control activities are arranged annually according to the plan with mandatory preparation. Industrial control measures in the field of waste management can be either
The Company oversees compliance of the inspected facilities with the natural environmental legislation, ecological safety standards and
Fulfillment of proposals and instructions is controlled without preliminary notification of the person to be inspected. The Company monitors fulfillment of the instructions every month. The results obtained are reported at the
IEC results are accounted, analyzed and summarized to be further used in implementation of industrial control within waste management.
Environmental education and professional training of employees
The priority is given to the professional training, namely, the environmental education of the Company’s employees which is important in mitigating risks resulting from the lack of their competence.
Avoidance of accidents and defects,
Every year, together with other Surgutneftegas employees, the environmental specialists tasked with overseeing the compliance with all environmental requirements and regulations, participate in the competition of professional skills for the title «
The Company continues its work to upgrade the skills of personnel in the field of environmental protection and environmental safety aimed at implementation of the Environmental policy of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC, namely, the training of specialists in ambient air protection. As many as 54 employees successfully attended the course of Provision of environmental safety by managers and specialists of the environmental departments and environmental control systems, including 52 employees trained at the premises of the Polytechnic Training Center (PTC) of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC.
To ensure regular professional training of its employees in waste management of hazard classes
The corporate environmental culture and understanding of importance of the environmental protection is a must at all spheres of production process, therefore the Company raises environmental awareness among its employees and contractors. The Company holds the induction meeting with the personnel prior to each shift, and in the territories with a special mode of business activities, including Numto nature park, the employees are obliged to study special memos and animated films containing the basic principles of the Company’s Environmental policy, code of conduct in specially protected natural reservations and interaction with the
Surgutneftegas employees and its contractors adhere to compliance with the environmental legislation, the principles of environmental friendliness and careful treatment of natural resources, as well as strive to develop their competence and improve the efficiency and quality of work.
Environmental education of personnel is an essential part of large socially significant work. Numerous employees of the Company participate in the implementation of environmental initiatives, often bringing children along to the events, with an understanding of importance of formulating a system of environmental knowledge in families from the earliest age.
The Company continues systematic work to upgrade the skills of personnel in the field of environment protection and environmental safety aimed at implementation of the Environmental policy of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC.
Implementation of the «green office» principles
The Company implements the «green office» principles to reduce consumption of natural resources, electric power and wastes. «Surgutneftegas» PJSC maintains ecostandards in all administrative buildings which help cut costs on upkeeping office premises.
The «green office» principles are implemented through the following activities:
- usage of modern
- usage of electronic ballasts in fluorescent spotlights;
- usage of programming units and motion sensors in indoor lighting systems and daylight sensors and automatic switches in the outdoor lighting;
- optimization of operating mode of electrical equipment and heat consumption of buildings;
- replacement of air conditioners with multi systems;
- implementation of energy efficient pumping modules and ventilators;
- usage of power filters at workplaces to switch off simultaneously several units of equipment after completing work;
- implementation of metering devices, water flow and heat consumption regulators.
«Surgutneftegas» PJSC utilizes the electronic document flow system. Default
Waste paper, packing board and other wastes related to the stationery are collected to be further processed by the
Biodiversity conservation is one of the key areas of the environmental policy of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC and an integral part of the Ecology complex program which is aimed at preserving the original state of the areas of the Company’s operations and minimization of the impact of production on the environment.
«Surgutneftegas» PJSC implements the biodiversity conservation program which is aimed at protection of lands, water bodies, reproduction of biological resources, monitoring of the environmental components, including study of biota, as well as monitoring of species — biodiversity indicators in the areas of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC operations.
To implement measures for the conservation of biodiversity in
In July 2019, with the assistance of the Company, more than 39 million young and larval peled were released into water bodies in
In 2019, as part of forest restoration works, 800 thousand common pine saplings were planted over the area of 200 hectares. Expenditures on this part of the biodiversity conservation program accounted for RUB 45 million.
With the assistance of scientific organizations having a great research experience in the region, the Company performs biological monitoring in Numto nature park within the biodiversity conservation program in
July 2019 witnessed the completion of the sixth expedition of Yakut scientists across the areas of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC operations in the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia). Eight staff scientists from the Institute for Biological Problems and Cryolithozone of Siberian Branch of RAS visited the
Environmental and biological assessment of priority development territory and a spatial analysis of environmental risks are carried out when planning activities in especially valuable and sensitive areas. In 2019, the specialists from the Tyumen Scientific Center of Siberian Branch of RAS were engaged to perform this R&D works in the flood plain of the Irtysh River.
Ornithological studies at the Fedorovsky,
The Company created the unique database in its geoinformation system which contains information on discovered habitat of rare and endangered biota representatives and which is updated as far as new research results appear.
Support of specially protected natural reservations and other territories with a special mode of management
«Surgutneftegas» PJSC fulfills its obligations under license agreements for subsoil use and operates in the specially protected natural reservations (SPNR) and in the areas with a special mode of management based on the Ecology corporate program, which is aimed at preserving the original state of the areas of the Company’s operations and minimizing an environmental impact of oil production.
While increasing its production output, the Company maintains the ecosystem stability and biodiversity, and the territories with oil production facilities receive additional
«Surgutneftegas» PJSC adheres to its Environmental policy which provides for compliance with the rules and customs adopted in the places of residence of the
To implement the basic principles of preserving the ethnos, the Company ensures the achievement of the following goals and the solution of the following tasks:
- minimize the number and area of industrial sites and linear facilities through implementation of the best available technologies for exploration, production and transportation of oil and gas;
- minimize a negative environmental impact, reducing emissions, effluents and waste, eliminating any
man-madeimpact outside the areas designated for production facilities;
- eliminate the vehicles and personnel presence and movement outside the boundaries of industrial sites and facilities designated for this purpose without proper authorization;
- arrange field operations to survey areas of proposed location of industrial sites for the presence of
ethno-archeologicaland ethnographic objects, and if any, transfer production facilities outside the area, subject to technological capabilities;
- ensure subsequent restoration of original natural functions of ecosystems, including resource capacities that preserve the traditional way of life and industries of the
small-numberedindigenous peoples of the North, through detailed survey of the areas of proposed location of industrial sites and consideration of ecosystem features at the design stage;
- limit unauthorized access to traditional nature management areas and SPNR;
- supervise observance of the code of conduct by employees working within boundaries of SPNR.
In 2019, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC in agreement with Budgetary Institution Numto nature park in
As part of comprehensive support of scientific activities in the territory of SPNR, the Company contributes to frost effect studies in Numto park. The frost effects monitoring program was jointly developed by specialists of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC and Budgetary Institution Numto nature park in
In 2019, we continued monitoring of the environmental components and exercising of industrial environmental control of the Company’s facilities within the cultural heritage site of local significance, the sightseeing attraction Sacred Lake Imlor and adjacent territories. The results of the inspection confirmed that the environment of the territory is not disturbed. All field pipelines within Lake Imlor have an internal
The Company successfully implements a range of measures with a view to ensure water resources and ambient air protection and prevent the territory from becoming polluted with production and consumption wastes as well as oil spills. We conduct the environmental monitoring of the territory.
The measures taken allow «Surgutneftegas» PJSC to ensure
There are checkpoints along the Company field roads in order to protect the facilities of the fuel and energy complex and to limit unauthorized access to places of traditional residence of the indigenous people. Working in places of residence of the
- understanding and respect for the traditions, customs and rituals forming a major part of the culture of the indigenous people;
- taking into account the partnership experience and continuous improvement of the system of relations with the
small-numberedindigenous peoples of the North;
- immediate reporting to the Indigenous Peoples Affairs Department of Land Use Division, Environmental Safety and Management Division of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC in the event of misunderstanding, threat of conflict or violation of the established requirements;
- conflict resolution and misunderstanding clearing up through discussion and negotiation;
- impermissibility of conflicts between the employees of the Company and the indigenous people;
- ensuring privacy of the
small-numberedindigenous peoples of the North;
- adherence to environmental standards and requirements.
R&D activities in the field of environmental protection
The Company cooperates with different scientific organizations many of which are incorporated into the Russian Academy of Sciences and performs
When developing the tactics and strategy of its environmental activity, the Company applies the results of the research to make management decisions aimed at minimizing a negative environmental impact of oil production facilities.
To receive an independent professional assessment of the environmental conditions in the area of its production operations, development of the new and the most effective technologies which facilitate minimization of an environmental impact, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC throughout many years cooperates with scientific organizations.
In the reporting year, scientists from the Institute for Biological Problems and Cryolithozone of the Yakutsk Scientific Center of Siberian Branch of RAS continued monitoring biological resources in the areas of the Company’s operations in the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia). Scientists from the Tyumen Scientific Center of Siberian Branch of RAS made environmental and biological assessment of the areas in the vicinity of facilities under design at the Company’s license blocks in the south of Tyumenskaya Oblast.
At the fields operated by the Company in Yugra for a long time, scientists from Surgut State University inspected fish hawk habitat and other ornithologic fauna listed in the Red Book of the Russian Federation and
With the help of specialists from Lomonosov Moscow State University,
«Surgutneftegas» PJSC is one of the leaders in oil and gas industry possessing modern production facilities and technology which allow to implement constantly
- In 2008, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC was awarded the annual prize promoted by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Ecology of the Russian Federation as the Best Environmental Project of the Year;
- In 2009, based on the analysis of the Company’s environmental activity since 2000 and government statistics for natural resources utilization, water and air pollution, wastes and the area of disturbed lands, the Independent Ecological Rating Agency established by the International
Socio-EcologicalUnion included «Surgutneftegas» PJSC in the top rating of socially and environmentally responsible companies by the results of 2009 (the 5th position);
- In 2012 and 2013, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC is acknowledged as «Best Enterprise of the Yugra Energy Sector in terms of environment protection» among the producers with over 5 million tonnes of oil per year;
- In 2013, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC became the winner in the competition «100 best companies of Russia. Ecology and Environmental Management» and «Contribution to Yugra in the Year of Environmental Protection»;
- In 2014, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC was the top Company in the Environmental Responsibility Rating of Oil & Gas Companies in Russia, which has been organized by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and CREON energy group.
- In 2015, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC once again took the first place in the Rating of environmental responsibility of Russian oil and gas companies issued with the participation of the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and the National Rating Agency and was recognized as the winner in the regional contest «The best enterprise of the Yugra energy sector in terms of environmental protection» in the nomination «Producers with over 5 million tonnes of oil per year».
- In 2016 and 2017, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC was among the top three in the rating of environmental responsibility of Russian oil and gas companies and took and honorable third place.
- In 2017 and 2018, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC won the XIII and XIV
All-Russiacontest «Leader of environmental protection in Russia-2017» in the category «Best environmentally responsible company in oil and gas production industry», in 2019 in the category «Environmental management and waste handling in the industry».
- In 2018, the Company’s environmental management is recognized by the first prize diploma in the rating of transparency of oil and gas companies in Russia in the sphere of environmental responsibility. The results of the rating are provided by the World Wildlife Fund and CREON Group together with the National Rating Agency.
- According to the Environmental Transparency Rating of Oil and Gas Companies operating in Russia — 2019, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC was awarded a diploma for leadership in environmental impact mitigation.
- In 2019, in
Khanty-MansiyskyAutonomous Okrug — Yugra «Surgutneftegas» PJSC was recognized as a winner in the contest «Best Oil and Gas Producing Enterprise of Yugra in terms of environment protection» in the category «Enterprises producing over 5 million tonnes of oil annually».