Key areas of environmental activity
In order to assure the successful implementation of the provisions of the Company’s Environmental policy, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC prioritizes and makes its own business units strictly adhere to the comprehensive measures of the Ecology program which is aimed mainly at systematic planned mitigation of the industrial impact upon the environment.
Key areas of the Ecology program:
- construction of environmental facilities, including air protection facilities, waste decontamination and utilization facilities;
- air protection;
- protection and rational use of water resources;
- industrial waste decontamination and utilization;
- protection and rational use of land;
- monitoring of environmental components and control of production facilities operation;
- ensuring environmental safety of oil production facilities, including pipelines;
- environmental training and education of the personnel;
- implementation of the «green office» principles in each administrative building of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC;
- biodiversity conservation in the areas of the Company’s operations;
- R&D activities in the field of environmental protection.
A high level of environmental safety of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC production across the whole territory of the Company’s operations, including new regions of operations is ensured by a sustainable financing of environmental protection measures.
The annual costs of the Company for environmental protection are made up of a number of different expenses, including those of repairing and replacing pipelines, protecting oilfield equipment and facilities from corrosion, preventing equipment failures and oil contamination, and elimination of their consequences, air protection, industrial wastewater utilization, waste management, land reclamation, environmental monitoring and R&D activities. In the reporting year, the costs reached RUB 17.4 billion. In 2019, the costs are planned to be increased by RUB 0.5 billion.
In 2018, the Company’s payments for the negative environmental impact amounted to RUB 75.4 million, including
Environmental facilities and equipment availability
«Surgutneftegas» PJSC having the best available technologies (BAT) ensures rational use of associated petroleum gas, recycling of wastes, drilling waste utilization and sludge pits reclamation. To carry out environmental activities the Company uses a large and periodically updated fleet of machinery and equipment.
Among the assets, which ensure the environmental safety of the production are:
- gas processing plant;
- 23 gas turbine power plants and 7 gas reciprocating engine power plants (GTPP, GREPP);
- 31 compressor stations;
- 2 gas processing units for utilization of associated petroleum gas (APG);
- 112 initial water separation units (IWSUs);
- 6 centers for oily soil decontamination;
- 3 centers for sludge decontamination with sludge storage ponds, units for oily fluid recovery and
- 5 mobile units for tank cleaning and initial oil sludge treatment, including
- 33 single- and multiple- cell sludge storage ponds with a total capacity of 81 thousand cubic meters;
- 10 units for thermal oil sludge decontamination with a total capacity of 70 thousand cubic meters per year;
- 5 landfills for disposal of solid household and industrial wastes designed to accommodate production and consumption waste with a total capacity of 1,671 thousand cubic meters;
- 21 Forsazh mobile units for thermal decontamination of solid oily waste with a total capacity of 15.75 thousand tonnes per year;
- units for shredding waste paper and
non-returnableplastic containers with a capacity of 1,150 kilograms per hour and 50 kilograms per hour respectively;
- a tire recycling plant for recycling
worn-outtires and inner tubes with a capacity of 5 thousand tonnes per year;
- a workshop for application of an
anti-corrosioncoating on pipes and pipeline fittings with a capacity of 720 kilometers of pipes and 15 thousand fittings per year.
Environmental safety of oilfield facilities
Accident risk mitigation measures
«Surgutneftegas» PJSC implements a
Reduction of accident risks at the oilfield pipelines is ensured by implementation of innovative technologies and diagnostic methods, timely preventive measures, replacing of pipelines, creation of modern methodology and technical regulatory basis that covers these issues.
«Surgutneftegas» PJSC takes a system approach based on package solutions for optimized quality control of construction and safe maintenance of field pipelines. The Company’s spheres of activity to increase the operational reliability of the field pipelines are:
pre-engineeringwork, design and examination of project documentation in terms of environmental safety;
- destructive and
non-destructivereceipt inspection of pipe products (pipes, fittings) quality control of an internal coating;
- dehydration of well production in initial water separation units;
- use of pipes with an external and internal
- pipeline inhibitor protection;
- field pipeline corrosion monitoring and diagnostics;
- equipping 100% of oil pipelines with pig
- regular ground and air patrolling and inspection of field pipelines;
- timely field pipelines routine repairs and overhaul;
- conducting hydraulic calculations for field pipeline systems;
- control over pressure and volume balance of pumped fluids;
- creation and maintenance databases, computer modeling of the existing systems of field pipelines for the purpose of their optimization.
Receipt inspection of pipe products
Performance reliability of field pipeline systems is important at each phase of operation starting from receipt inspection and compliance verification of pipes. Receipt inspection is conducted for 100% of pipes for oil and oil and gas pipelines of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC.
To ensure environmental safety of the pipelines and maintain a high level of pipe products quality, the Company performs receipt inspection of the pipes using destructive and
Field pipeline corrosion monitoring
Pipeline corrosion monitoring, i.e. constant control of risk factors, causing the corrosion of field pipelines, allows the Company to assess the technical condition of a pipeline with a high degree of probability.
The main reason for loss of integrity of field pipelines is their corrosive wear due to aggressiveness of transported liquids. Among other risk factors — the pumping mode of well production, temperature and the condition of the surface of pipeline metal.
The most accurate data on the status of field pipelines in the operating conditions can be acquired through aggressiveness monitoring of transported fluids, pipeline pigging, thickness gauging.
Corrosion monitoring of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC field pipelines is performed at 686 points of control. This method is a tool for managing the efficiency of
Based on the pipelines condition data the Company organized their routine repairs and overhaul. In 2018, 616 kilometers of pipelines underwent overhauls.
Development of the system of pipeline integrity management by «Surgutneftegas» PJSC allowed us to decrease the risk of pipeline failures by 10 times. Corrosion and comprehensive inhibitors are used with continuous injection technology with a preliminary shock dose.
In order to provide a quality protection of pipelines from corrosion the system of inhibitor monitoring was created. It includes:
- Quality control of corrosion inhibitors using the IR spectrometry method;
- Online control of inhibitor injection;
In 2018, 2,085 tonnes of inhibitors and multifunctional reagents with complex properties were used to protect 2,268 kilometers of field pipelines from corrosion. Corrosion inhibitors are injected by 292 chemical injection units, which are equipped with devices for automatic control of operating parameters with production processes data transfer to ASU TP
Receipt inspection of corrosion inhibitors is made by means of
Use of pipes with an internal
The use of pipes with improved corrosion resistance and especially — with an internal
Timely application of pipes and fittings with an internal protective coating in the pipeline system is currently beyond question. Since 2013, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC has been implementing programs of capital construction, reconstruction and overhaul of oil and gas pipelines using only pipes with an internal
The Company employs products produced by its own plant that applies an internal
Since the commissioning, the Company has produced more than 2,200 kilometers of pipes and 78,000 fittings with an internal
In 2018, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC introduced 879.4 kilometers of pipelines with an internal
By the end of 2019, the amount of introduction of pipelines with an internal
Dehydration of oil in IWSUs
Transportation of dehydrated oil is one of the efficient methods of corrosion protection. The Company has been using initial water separation units at the booster pump stations that are based on
The use of this equipment is crucial at watered, marsh areas with the huge amount of water courses which are typical for «Surgutneftegas» PJSC areas of operation. The territory where «Surgutneftegas» PJSC operates is characterized by a high level of marshiness: at different sites it can vary from 40% to 90%.
Dehydration of oil is done at 112 booster pump stations with initial water separation units, 106 of which are equipped with
Due to preventive measures in 2018, the Company managed to perform accident free operation of its field pipelines.
Apart from accident risk mitigation, the use of initial water separation units allows the Company to reduce the specific quantity of metal for pipelines and energy consumption during oil pumping at field pipelines, save and rationally use water resources.
Protection and rational use of land
Land reclamation and forest protection
For many years, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC has been in the good standing for the purposes of land reclamation and return of lands to the Forest Fund of the Russian Federation. Their timely return is made annually in accordance with programs and project documentation of the Company.
An ecosystem approach allows the Company to consistently achieve high results during technical and biological reclamation of used lands. Technical stage of disturbed lands rehabilitation involves agrotechnical measures to create a layer of soil with properties favorable for biological reclamation, i.e. a complex of revegetation measures to restore the fertility of disturbed lands.
Costs for protection and reclamation of lands, surface and ground water reserves exceed RUB 2 billion.
Pollution prevention and elimination
The priority direction of land protection is prevention of land from oil and oil products contamination. Timely elimination of such pollution consequences, if necessary, is done using Company’s own resources.
The Company maintains instant readiness of forces and means for elimination of possible consequences of accidents and incidents, oil and oil products spills elimination and the following rehabilitation of polluted land. The complex of
- 128 oil skimmers designed to operate in various oil viscosities and under diverse weather and climatic conditions;
- 4 skimmer boats for skimming of oil on the surface of rivers and lakes, 6 shallow water trimarans;
- 12.78 kilometers of
- 20.68 kilometers of fast deployable mobile booms both lightweight and reinforced made of
frost-proofmaterials for onshore protection;
- 23.43 kilometers of absorbent booms;
- 42 mobile tanks for temporary oil storage;
- 22 sprinklers for biological agents and bacteria treatment;
- 9 units for producing thermally exfoliated graphite absorbent (
U-SRTG) with the capacity of 30 kilograms per hour;
- 30 multifunctional floating platforms equipped with an attached system for water bodies and inshore zone integrated treatment;
- 34 vacuum dump trucks and 51 tank trucks for oil products pumpdown and transportation from the areas of oil spills;
- 146 dump trucks for oily soil transportation;
all-terrainvehicles with excavators and other equipment.
The oil spill prevention and response system of the Company is unique and meets international environmental safety standards for the oil industry.
«Surgutneftegas» PJSC is the Russian fuel and energy complex leader in terms of efficient utilization of associated petroleum gas. Air protection measures are aimed at mitigation of a negative impact of production processes. It is achieved through reduction of emissions of pollutants to the atmosphere, particularly due to rational use of associated petroleum gas.
At present, the Company ensures a record level of utilization of associated petroleum gas — more than 99%. It was reached in 2012. The milestone of 95% was successfully passed in 2008.
The Company zealously develops the ways of APG processing and its further utilization for electric power production reaching a significant reduction of pollutant emissions to the atmosphere (over 3 million tonnes per year).
Protection and rational use of water resources
The Company performs surface and ground water abstraction for industrial, technological, economic and domestic needs in strict compliance with the regulatory documents, and strives to reduce the fresh water consumption. The water protection measures are aimed at resource saving, rational water use and prevention of water bodies pollution.
Due to the implemented package of measures, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC manages to minimize the impact on the water bodies. According to the monitoring results of the environmental components at the Company’s license blocks, the environmental impact is described as acceptable.
«Surgutneftegas» PJSC uses innovative technologies that allow waste utilization, decontamination and processing. The Company manages to utilize and decontaminate 100% of generated oil sludge, used oils, tires with fabric and metal cords in its production process.
A comprehensive approach to solving waste management tasks, technologies and equipment employed allow the Company to maintain low specific factor of waste generation and burial (0.012 tonnes and 0.003 tonnes per 1 tonne of produced hydrocarbons respectively).
Sludge pits reclamation
«Surgutneftegas» PJSC provides effective restoration of ecological functions of disturbed lands occupied by sludge pits by means of enhanced scientifically and economically proved technologies of reclamation. One of the most important priorities of the corporate Ecology program is to reduce the negative impact of drilling wastes disposed in sludge pits.
Based on the results of an experimental scientific research carried out by the Company together with
In the reporting year, 29 sludge pits were successfully reclaimed using this method. Forest rehabilitation enables to make full use of the natural
Exceptional efficiency of the method is proved by the results of research of phytocenoses formed on reclaimed sludge pits. Such plant communities — that include the Red Book species — surpass dominating phytocenoses in productivity and biological diversity.
Numerous advantages of the forest rehabilitation technology used by «Surgutneftegas» PJSC in comparison with other disturbed lands reclamation methods arouse reasonable interest from other largest Russian oil and gas producing companies.
Monitoring of natural environment components and control of production facilities operation
There is a production environmental monitoring system established in «Surgutneftegas» PJSC, that provides constant monitoring of the environment and assessment of its changes allowing the Company to timely identify the adverse changes that happen under the influence of anthropogenic and natural factors.
The observational network of environmental monitoring has been operating at the Company’s license blocks for many years. The area that has been monitored by now is around 150 thousand square kilometers. An extensive database has been developed that covers contamination of environmental components of license blocks prior to the commencement of their commercial development (initial (background) contamination) and after the fields are put in production, along with local environmental monitoring.
Industrial environmental control
In the Year of Ecology and specially protected natural reservations, the Ecological Council started functioning; it is chaired by First Deputy Director General of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC who supervises over the entire environmental management system of the Company. Industrial environmental control (IEC) is its integral part.
The Company has the effective vertically integrated
The industrial environmental control activities are arranged annually according to the plan with mandatory preparation. Industrial control measures in the field of waste management can be either
The Company oversees compliance of the inspected facilities with the natural environmental legislation, ecological safety standards and
Fulfillment of proposals and instructions is controlled without preliminary notification of the person to be inspected. The Company monitors fulfillment of the instructions every month. The results obtained are reported at the
IEC results are accounted, analyzed and summarized to be further used in implementation of industrial control within waste management.
Environmental education and professional training of employees
Environmental education and training of employees are important aspects in maintaining the level of environmental safety of production, they contribute to the awareness and acceptance by the Company employees and contractors of the principles of respect for the environment and natural resources, and strict compliance with the requirements of environmental legislation of the Russian Federation.
«Surgutneftegas» PJSC encourages the personnel to develop their competence by participating in professional skills competitions «
Avoidance of accidents and defects,
To ensure regular professional training of its employees in handling wastes of hazard classes
The training of specialists in ambient air protection was continued.
In the reporting year, 35 employees of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC as well as the indigenous people of Numto national village (Beloyarsky District) and representatives of the Directorate of Numto nature park (the city of Beloyarsky) attended workshop Specific features of the
Environmental education of personnel is an essential part of large socially significant work. Numerous employees of the Company participate in the implementation of environmental initiatives, often bringing children along to the events, with an understanding of importance of formulating a system of environmental knowledge in families from the earliest age.
The Company continues systematic work to upgrade the skills of personnel in the field of environment protection and environmental safety aimed at implementation of the Environmental policy of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC.
Implementation of the «green office» principles
«Surgutneftegas» PJSC maintains ecostandards that enable to save costs on upkeeping office premises. Implementation of the «green office» principles in administrative buildings of the Company is one of the Ecology program areas to support reduced consumption of natural resources and electric power and adequate waste management.
The «green office» principles are implemented through the following activities:
- usage of modern
energy-saving(LED, electrodeless, fluorescent) lamps and spotlights in indoor and outdoor lighting systems;
- usage of electronic ballasts in fluorescent spotlights;
- usage of programming units and motion sensors in indoor lighting systems and daylight sensors and automatic switches in the outdoor lighting;
- optimization of operating mode of electrical equipment and heat consumption of buildings;
- replacement of air conditioners with multi systems;
- implementation of energy efficient pumping modules and ventilators;
- usage of power filters at workplaces to switch off simultaneously several units of equipment after completing work;
- implementation of metering devices, water flow and heat consumption regulators.
The Company utilizes the electronic document flow (the DIRECTUM system) which has reduced the number of printed documents, including
The paper used by the Company’s headquarters and business units as well as packing board and other wastes related to stationery and paperwork are collected and disposed to be processed by its own unit. Shredded and compressed paper wastes are valuable recyclable material which is transferred to specialized enterprises under the contracts for its further use.
Centralized work on the collection of waste paper, the exclusion of its burial is conducted in all business units of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC, it covers all administrative buildings of the Company and is aimed at implementation of the «green office» principles.
Biodiversity conservation is one of the key areas of the environmental policy of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC and an integral part of the Ecology complex program which is aimed at preserving the original state of the areas of the Company’s operations and minimization of the impact of production on the environment.
When planning and carrying out its production operations, the Company utilizes an ecosystem approach one of the key aspects of which is biodiversity conservation.
«Surgutneftegas» PJSC within the Ecology program implements the biodiversity conservation program which is aimed at protection of lands, water bodies, reproduction of biological resources, monitoring of natural environment components, including monitoring of bioresources and monitoring of vegetation. Monitoring of biodiversity indicator species in the vicinity of production facilities of the Company is performed.
Leading experts of Lomonosov Moscow State University, the Tyumen Scientific Center of Siberian Branch of RAS and the Institute for Biological Problems and Cryolithozone of Siberian Branch of RAS have developed lists of key biogeocenoses indicator species (vascular plants, mosses, lichens, birds, mammals) for
More than 45 million young and larval peled were released into water bodies in the reporting year in order to restore aquatic biological resources and maintain biodiversity, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC allocated about RUB 65.5 million for this. Deputy Minister of Agriculture of the Russian Federation and Head of the Federal Agency for Fisheries recognized the Company for its activities to restore aquatic biological resources and maintain biodiversity by a letter of thanks.
In the course of reclamation activities, more than 880,000 pine saplings were planted in 2018. Expenditures on this part of the biodiversity conservation program accounted for RUB 23 million.
The Company performs biological monitoring in Numto nature park within the biodiversity conservation program in
In the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), scientists from the Institute for Biological Problems and Cryolithozone of Siberian Branch of RAS continued the field observations within monitoring of bioresources and cryolithozone. In the reporting year, activities were performed in the territory of the
In addition, the aerial survey of ungulates in the areas of the Company’s operations in the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) was organized in 2018. It was done in order to assess the level of impact of production operations of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC on large wildlife resources which create the basis of game animals. According to the results of the observations, it was found that there has been a
In the territory of Numto nature park the Company implements measures to minimize environmental risks when placing production facilities in the wetland ecosystems, to mitigate a negative impact of business activities on the hydrology of wetlands and implements preventive measures to avoid death of birds at electric power supply network facilities. It is done within agreements on cooperation with the Institute of Forest Science of RAS, the State Hydrological Institute and the
In order to carry out complete environmental impact assessment (EIA) of the planned activities, the Company pays particular attention to issues of biodiversity conservation and ecosystem services. In this connection, environmental and biological assessment of priority development territory and a spatial analysis of environmental risks are carried out when planning activities in especially valuable and sensitive areas, for example, in Numto nature park or in the flood plain of the Irtysh River. In 2018, Surgut State University and the Tyumen Scientific Center of Siberian Branch of RAS were engaged to perform these R&D activities.
The received materials and recommendations were used during development of mitigating and compensatory environmental protection measures in project documentation. Thus, scientists discovered Dryopteris
During the whole period of construction and operation of waste disposal facilities «Surgutneftegas» PJSC remotely monitors vegetation condition around cluster well pads and waste landfills by
The geoinformation system of the Company has a database which contains information on discovered habitat of rare and endangered biota representatives. The database is always updated as far as new research results appear.
Support of specially protected natural reservations and other territories with special mode of management
The Company carries out its production operations within specially protected natural reservations using a special procedure. They are performed because they are subject to fulfillment of license agreements for subsoil use.
Adhering to the Environmental policy which provides for compliance with the rules and customs adopted in the places of residence of the
- minimize the number and area of industrial sites and linear facilities through implementation of the best available technologies for exploration, production and transportation of oil and gas;
- minimize a negative environmental impact, reducing emissions, effluents and waste, eliminating any
man-madeimpact outside the areas designated for production facilities;
- eliminate the vehicles and personnel presence and movement outside the boundaries of industrial sites and facilities designated for this purpose without proper authorization;
- arrange field operations to survey areas of proposed location of industrial sites for the presence of
ethno-archeologicaland ethnographic objects, and if any, transfer production facilities outside the area, subject to technological capabilities;
- ensure subsequent restoration of original natural functions of the territory, including resource capacities that preserve the traditional way of life and industries of the
small-numberedindigenous peoples of the North, through detailed survey of the areas of proposed location of industrial sites and consideration of ecosystem functions at the design stage;
- limit unauthorized access to traditional nature management areas and SPNR;
- supervise observance of the code of conduct by employees working within boundaries of SPNR.
In 2018, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC in agreement with Budgetary Institution Numto nature park in
During the year, the Company assisted scientists from the Tyumen Scientific Center of Siberian Branch of RAS, Yugra and Surgut State Universities in organization of the research on assessment of biodiversity, vegetation cover resources and landscapes in Numto nature park.
Understanding the importance of development of specially protected natural reservations, the Company supported an initiative of the Yugra authorities to maintain the natural landmark of regional significance Tundrinsky kedrovy bor. The unique natural site is located in Surgutsky District of
In 2018, representatives of public organizations, regulatory and supervisory bodies and local authorities took part in continued monitoring and regular survey of the environmental components within the cultural heritage site of local significance, the sightseeing attraction Sacred Lake Imlor. According to the results of the inspection, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC received a high assessment of the environmental condition of the territory and there were no comments on the operation of the Company.
The high results have been achieved by the Company through implementation of a number of actions with a view to ensure water and air resources protection and prevent the territory from becoming polluted with production and consumption wastes as well as oil spills. Environmental monitoring of the territory is conducted; 100% of field pipelines within Lake Imlor were replaced with pipelines with an internal
The measures taken allow «Surgutneftegas» PJSC to ensure
There are checkpoints along the Company field roads in order to protect the facilities of the fuel and energy complex and to limit unauthorized access to places of traditional residence of the indigenous people. The personnel of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC working in places of residence of the
- understanding and respect for the traditions, customs and rituals forming a major part of the culture of the indigenous people;
- taking into account the partnership experience and continuous improvement of the system of relations with the
small-numberedindigenous peoples of the North;
- immediate reporting to the Indigenous Peoples Affairs Department of Land Use Division, Environmental Safety and Management Division of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC in the event of misunderstanding, threat of conflict or violation of the established requirements;
- conflict resolution and misunderstanding clearing up through discussion and negotiation;
- impermissibility of conflicts between the employees of the Company and the indigenous people;
- ensuring privacy of the
small-numberedindigenous peoples of the North;
- adherence to environmental standards and requirements.
R&D activities in the field of environmental protection of scientific organizations which research the field of environmental safety, environmental monitoring as well as environmental and biological assessment of the area of operations.
To receive an independent professional assessment of the environmental condition in the area of production operations, development of the new and the most effective technologies which facilitate minimization of an environmental impact, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC throughout many years cooperates with different scientific organizations many of which are incorporated into the Russian Academy of Sciences.
In 2018, the Company continued to cooperate with the St. Petersburg Scientific Research Center for Ecological Safety of RAS (SRCES RAS) which has a profound experience in the unique complex environmental and toxicological research of drill cuttings. In the reporting year, at the Company’s request, SRCES RAS also researched disturbed lands and developed recommendations for efficient reclamation of disturbed lands and reinforcement of side slopes of
In order to prevent an impact and changes which can happen with the environment, scientists from the Institute for Biological Problems and Cryolithozone of Siberian Branch of RAS continued monitoring of bioresources in the areas of the Company’s operations in the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia). Scientists from the Tyumen Scientific Center of Siberian Branch of RAS and Surgut State University made environmental and biological assessment in the vicinity of facilities under design at the Company’s license blocks.
Since 2012, the Company annually has been inviting employees from Lomonosov Moscow State University,
The results of the research are applied to make management decisions aimed at minimizing a negative environmental impact of oil production facilities.
«Surgutneftegas» PJSC is one of the leaders in oil and gas industry possessing modern production facilities and technology which allow to implement constantly
- In 2008, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC was awarded the annual prize promoted by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Ecology of the Russian Federation as the Best Environmental Project of the Year;
- In 2009, based on the analysis of the Company’s environmental activity since 2000 and government statistics for natural resources utilization, water and air pollution, wastes and the area of disturbed lands, the Independent Ecological Rating Agency established by the International
Socio-EcologicalUnion included «Surgutneftegas» PJSC in the top rating of socially and environmentally responsible companies by the results of 2009 (the 5th position);
- In 2012 and 2013, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC is acknowledged as «the Best Enterprise of the Yugra Energy Sector in terms of Environmental Protection» among the producers with over 5 million tonnes of oil per year;
- In 2013, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC became the winner in the competition «100 best companies of Russia. Ecology and Environmental Management» and «Contribution to Yugra in the Year of Environmental Protection»;
- In 2014, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC was the top Company in the Environmental Responsibility Rating of Oil & Gas Companies in Russia, which has been organized by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and CREON energy group.
- In 2015, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC once again took the first place in the Rating of environmental responsibility of Russian oil and gas companies issued with the participation of the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and the National Rating Agency and was recognized as the winner in the regional contest «The best enterprise of the Yugra energy sector in terms of environmental protection» in the nomination «Producers with over 5 million tonnes of oil per year».
- In 2016 and 2017, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC was among the top three in the rating of environmental responsibility of Russian oil and gas companies and took and honorable third place.
- In 2017 and 2018, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC won the XIII and XIV
All-Russiacontest «Leader of environmental protection in Russia-2017» in the category «Best environmentally responsible company in oil and gas production industry»;
- In 2018, the Company’s environmental management is recognized by the first prize diploma in the rating of transparency of oil and gas companies in Russia in the sphere of environmental responsibility. The results of the rating are provided by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF of Russia) and «CREON» group.